Tuesday, December 23, 2008

BHS 1967 Christmasmas Project

While at Burbank High School in my senior 1967, I had a Personal Grooming Class, Period 6 with Miss Fay Whitman. Since I was a tom boy, I hated that class as I was not interested in home decorating, color schemes, table setting, good posture, etc. But at the end of the semster we had to do a Christmas project. I kept mine a secret and worked on it mostly at home as it had a lot of detail work. I only did the large Christmas tree in class. I turned it in early in the morning when no one was around with my name and period number on it.

Well since I had the element of surprise and the teacher didn't think I had it in to do, I ace my grade and got an A++ for my efforts. The teacher could not get over that it was done by me. My mom used it every Christmas until the cotton all turned to yellow. I replaced the cotton on the large tree, but the rest is glued on and would be a major task to replace. Hope you enjoy it and Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: