Friday, December 19, 2008

BA HUMBUG!




I am not much in the Christmas mood this year as anything and everything has gone wrong since the Burbank High Centennial in September this year.

First 2 days after the Centennial I came down sick with a bad cough that would not go away and it gave me bad headaches. It took 2 months to finally clear up. The same week I came down sick my computer went on the blink and I lost my Internet connection, so have to go to the public library which is a pain in the butt.

The next thing to go wrong was when I was doing my yearly really good house cleaning, I discovered that the termites had eaten about 6 feet of my floor wood trim in my computer room. They are also between my bathroom and kitchen wall. Went and brought for $8.00 a can of termite foam. I have to punch a hole in the bathroom wall with a nail and spray the foam about every 3 weeks.

The next thing to go wrong was Thanksgiving morning when I got up and walked into my kitchen in my socks and stepped in water. It had rain the day before and it had leaked in the back door as I have no threshold and then flooded the service porch and then came through the service porch door which leads into the kitchen and flooded part of the kitchen. Spent Thanksgiving morning drying everything out.

So could anything else go wrong? Yes! The next thing to go wrong was I was laying on the couch in the dark watching TV and eating a candy bar when my front tooth just fell out. Since I am not working I have no medical insurance or dental insurance.

The next thing to go wrong is that because of the flood on the service porch I have been, during the day leaving the back door open for awhile to get to musty smell out and to make sure everything is dry under the washing machine and hot water heater. So I went to take a shower the other day and no hot water. I think my pilot light went out on the hot water heater because I had been leaving the back door open.

Despite the enconomy being bad and I have been struggling the good news is I have paid off my credit card bill this month so may have to use it for the dentist or termites or both. Also the price of gas is down. But despite all my troubles I am very thankful and am blessed as I have a roof over my head and I am not homeless and there are thousands of Americans out their who are struggling also and some worse off than me.

So hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a better 2009. All I want for Christmas is my One front tooth! BA Humbug!

No comments: