Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Attended Bill Rudell's Memorial Service


While everyone was out shopping on Black Friday, I attended the memorial services for BHS 1957 grad Bill Rudell. I knew Bill as a family man and loving husband to Jackie BHS 1957 and her three children from her first marriage to Lee Wessel BHS 1955. Lee Wessel brother Larry Wessel BHS 1959 married my sister Sandy BHS 1959. When Lee and Jackie divorced Jackie reconnected with Bill Rudell at one of her high school reunions. Bill and Jackie were married and he had an instant family. My mom and I would attend many family gatherings with the Wessel's and their families at many Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bill was like a little kid and always entertaining the small kids at this gatherings.

The church was filled with many people who worked or were his friends. The Ambassador to Botswana was their and spoke a few words. I beleive Bill was cremated but not sure. He will surely be missed by all who knew and loved him.

No comments: